When is it? Saturday April 15th
Where is it? Vertex PT Specialists in Cayce, SC (across from Krispy Kreme)
Who is it for? Anyone looking to test their strength and endurance, PR their 5K or just come out, run/walk and have a good time!
The Vertex Pump & Run is an event that tests overall fitness by measuring both strength and endurance.
In the competition, participants bench press a percentage of their body weight. Each lift (up to a max of 30) reduces their 5-kilometer run time by 30 seconds. There will be 10 age / gender divisions. Depending on age, men must bench press 60 to 100 percent of their weight, and women 40 to 70 percent of their weight.
Weigh-in and bench press begin at 7:00 a.m. The running portion of the 5K Pump & Run begins at 8:00 a.m. Participants can choose to register for the 5K run/walk only, which will also begin at 8:00 a.m.
The 5K race will be timed by Strictly Running and is part of Columbia Running Club’s Tour de Columbia. The race will start and finish at Vertex PT.
Entry to the Pump & Run or the Vertex 5K includes a T-shirt that is guaranteed if you register before April 1st!
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
BENCH PRESS RULES
- The lifter must lie on their back with head, shoulders and buttocks in contact with the bench surface.
- Feet must be flat on the floor (as flat as the shape of the shoe will allow).
- Hands and fingers must grip the bar positioned in the rack stands with a thumbs around grip. This position shall be maintained throughout the lift.
- One rep is counted as the barbell moves from the lifter’s chest to the fully “locked out” position with the elbows extended.
- The lifter is allowed to rest at the top of the lift but not on the chest.
- A maximum of 30 unbroken reps will be counted.
- A spotter will be present. If the lifter racks the weight or requires the use of a spotter, the bench press or “pump” portion is complete and his/her last full rep will be counted.
Race Day Schedule
7:00 am – Packet pick up, Late Registration
7-7:30 am – Weigh in and Bench Press
8:00 am – 5K race begins for EVERYONE
10:00 am – Awards Ceremony
Packet Pick Up
Friday, April 14th – 8:00 a.m – 6:00 p.m
Saturday, April 15th – 7:00 a.m – 7:30 a.m
5k Run – $40
Pump & Run – $45